HBO and scotch maker Diageo have teamed up to bring a slew of whiskies from Westeros to your mouth and they’re just in time for the Holiday Season. Game of Thrones-inspired whiskies will be assaulting you faster than member of the Night Watch with White Walker by Johnnie Walker.
This special blend has notes of caramelized sugar and vanilla, fresh red berries with a touch of orchard fruit and is best served chilled. Jeff Peters, Vice President, Licensing & Retail at HBO said this about the new line of whiskies:
“We knew there was fan appetite for a Game of Thrones whisky and once we saw Diageo’s vision for a way to collaborate together we knew the idea was perfect and the time was now. From the beginning, they understood that we wanted to create something special, and they’ve accomplished that with both White Walker by Johnnie Walker and the single malt collection. We’re confident fans will enjoy sipping these delicious whiskies as they wait for season eight and beyond,”
They are also releasing the Game of Thrones Single Malt Scotch Whisky Collection features eight scotches that are all new to the U.S., and are each paired with one of the iconic Houses of Westeros, as well as the Night’s Watch.
Go out there and get your hands on these fine beverages for gifts or for yourself, before they disappear faster than Jamie Lannister’s hand.
Suggested retail pricing is included below.
- White Walker by Johnnie Walker SRP: $36 for 750ml; ABV 41.7%
- For more information on White Walker by Johnnie Walker, please visit www.johnniewalker.com and follow @JohnnieWalkerUS on Facebook and Twitter and @JohnnieWalker on Instagram.
- Game of Thrones House Tully – Singleton of Glendullan Select; SRP: $29.99 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Stark – Dalwhinnie Winter’s Frost; SRP: $39.99 for 750ml; ABV 43%
- Game of Thrones House Targaryen – Cardhu Gold Reserve; SRP: $39.99 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Lannister – Lagavulin 9 Year Old; SRP: $64.99 for 750ml; ABV 46%
- Game of Thrones The Night’s Watch – Oban Bay Reserve; SRP: $62.99 for 750ml; ABV 43%
- Game of Thrones House Greyjoy – Talisker Select Reserve; SRP: $44.99 for 750ml; ABV 45.8%
- Game of Thrones House Baratheon – Royal Lochnagar 12 Year Old; SRP: $64.99 for 750ml; ABV 40%
- Game of Thrones House Tyrell – Clynelish Reserve; SRP: $59.99 for 750ml; ABV 51.2%
Editor’s note: Holy cow there are a lot of spellings for “whisky.” As far as we know, the spelling used in the article is a correct one.